How we work
We appreciate that just as rare diseases are diverse, so are patient groups and organisations. You may have many members, or just a few.
Our aim is to raise awareness of the mental health and emotional being aspects of living with a rare condition, and also to work with you to find creative ways to grow resources for your unique patient group.
We are happy to work with your organisation individually, or as a ‘partnership venture’ with another small charity or group dealing with a related rare condition. . This can help make our resources more viable for smaller charities and services – whether that be a Counselling Service, wellbeing resources or a Mindfulness Course.
Interested in Counselling Service Provision?
Make contact with us for an initial informal conversation. If you want to move forward, we can then formulate a proposal for you taking into account factors such as:
- 9Size of your membership
- 9Estimated counselling service take-up
- 9Vulnerable patient /family sub-groups
- 9Disease impact over the life cycle
- 9Particularly challenging treatment pathways
- 9Quality of external specialist healthcare
Start Up Costs
There is a one-off ‘start up package’ cost for the initial set up of your Counselling and Wellbeing Services. Our subsequent tiers of provision are priced in accordance to your funding and need. Do feel you can make contact with us for an informal discussion about your ideas
If you’d like to work with us on a particular project, or have a speaker at a Conference or Patient Information Day do get in touch.
Our minimum Counselling Service is specifically designed for small-medium organisations or groups. It can also be a ‘partner package’ involving us supporting you to partner with another similar rare disease support group or small organisation to help make your service economically viable.
Costs by negotiation include:
- 9Comprehensive Service Delivery and Management, ensuring the service is fully compliant with BACP procedures, guidelines and GDPR
- 9Data and analysis concerning the mental health needs and experience of your community
- 9Internal and external liaison with third parties as required e.g. GP/safeguarding issues
- 9A basic Annual Report on trends and findings
- 9up to 1 hr p.w liasion meetings with charity/organisation staff
- 9Recommended Wellbeing Resources eg outreach, leaflets etc
Mindfulness for Pain & Mindfulness for Carers Courses
We can work with you to gain funding for a pilot project for your particular charity for 12- 15 participants. As a guide, our 8 week online programme costs approx £250 per person in total.